Get Started Selling involves the use of tools and techniques to convert a prospect for your products and services into a customer. There are a number of aspects including:
- Finding and qualifying potential customers
- Building rapport
- Convincing them to buy from you
- Managing the relationship
Each of these areas includes:
- Face-to-face meetings
- Written and email correspondence
- Phone conversations
Over time, the company’s products and services change. Contact management tools used to track and measure the sales process have become more sophisticated. Alternative sales channels have emerged. As a result, the sales process needs to be reviewed and possibly revised.
Our Consulting Process
- What is the sales process?
- What selling tools are available?
- What are the capabilities of the contact management system?
- How is the contact system utilized?
- What sales channels are used?
- What sales reports are used?
- What are the responsibilities of the sales people?
- How are sales people compensated?
- What criteria are used to hire sales people?
- How are they trained?
- How do marketing and sales coordinate their activities?
- What are management’s perceptions and expectations?
- Gaps in the sales process
- Customer management system changes
- New selling tools needed
- Sales forecasting improvements
- Sales selection process changes
- Other sales channels that could be employed
- Coordination improvements between marketing and sales
- Create plan
- Develop budget
- Manage implementation
- Determine requirements,,select, and installl customer management system
- Revise job descriptions, compensation plans, sales selection process, recruit and select sales staff
- Develop new sales tools
- Integrate new sales channels
- Develop and install revised sales performance metrics and reporting
- Coordinate product and service rollouts with associated marketing activities
- Train management and sales staff on process, reporting, and monitoring tools
- Sales Process
- What is your sales strategy?
- What is your sales process?
- When was the last time you looked at the sales process?
- How is your process tracked?
- Sales Channels
- Who sells your products and services?
- What other channels could be added?
- Who is responsible for lead follow up?
- What is your sales compensation plan?
- How do you establish sales quotas?
- When was the last time it was reviewed?
- How can you reduce sales staff turnover?
- Are you selling the most profitable products?
- What technology is used in the sales effort?
- How can you improve sales forecasting accuracy?
- How can you improve sales force productivity?